By: TJ Liebgott October 28, 2013
With lush soundscapes and danceable grooves, Falls had a full sound with great tracks and quite frankly it was a shock that they where represented in the Indie Week finals. Especially since they where one of the few top 5 must see bands according to Dose.ca that was to be judged during Indie Week.
By: Josh Parsons October 28, 2013
(Photo by @MylesHerod)
Fuss play a power-heavy breed of indie rock with an obvious emphasis on loudness. The three-piece band filled little Cherry Cola’s with enough sound to wake those sleeping on the other end of Bathhurst. They tore through their power-chord laden set and wasted little time cementing their penchant for hooky harmonies, complex breakdowns and powerful song writing.
By: Erin Fahy October 25, 2013
60’s surfer boy rock meets cowboy swagger, with a pinch of Jagger funk thrown in. I really enjoyed the sound. However, the vocals were a bit imbalanced. Two singers; one very steady solid voice, the other seems to camp it up and make some funny noises. When they sang together it was really good. Excellent musicianship, they all play their instruments really well.
I liked their performance for the most part; they are an excellent live band. Dancing and just really enjoying the moment. However, the antics of the one singer were quite distracting. Lots of wide-eyed looks and open-mouth face making. Then they surprised me, they brought drummer to use brushes on an acoustic guitar and then small snare. A gimmick that really worked, the layering on that song was one of my favourites of the night.
- Indie Week Report Card: Open Air @ The Hideout 92%
- Indie Week Report Card: CRAWL @ Bovine Sex Club 100%
- Indie Week Report Card: Slyde @ Hideout 72%
- Indie Week Report Card: Of Gentlemen and Cowards @ The Hideout 100%
- Indie Week Report Card: Stuck on Planet Earth @ Bovine Sex Club 74%
- Indie Week Report Card: This Is War @ The Cage 90%
- Indie Week Report Card: The Franklin Electric @ The Hideout 88%
- Indie Week Report Card: Satellite Hearts @ the Hideout 52%
- Indie Week Report Card: The Beaches @ the Rivoli 96%
- Indie Week Report Card: Overhate @ The Cage 84%